Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Velveteen Stamping

Karolyn Loncon uses this technique by combining white pigment ink with beautiful colored dye inks to create a patterned resist effect on her stamped images.  I was so inspired watching her latest creation and had to try it myself!  I used white pigment ink on the background with brown Distress Ink on top for the images.


I love the way this turned out even though I only used one color of ink.  (My supply is very limited living in only 400 square feet...and was able to use supplies I had on hand.) This would look amazing with different colored dye inks on top!

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  -Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge--In the Clouds,  -The Crafter's Cafe Challenge
-Crafting for All SeasonsCrafty Gal's Corner,
-Double Click- and check out her store's cute embellishments called Double Click Skittles! (winner chosen Feb 7th)
-Fresh Brewed Designs
-Inspiration Destination 
-Miriam's Crafting
**Mod Squad Challenge **
-Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge 
-Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  
Simon Says Stamp Official Blog Work it Wednesday
-Kraftin' Kimmy Stamps

Supplies used:
  •  I heart you stamp set from American Crafts
  • My Minds Eye Fine and dandy True Blue stamp set
  • Heidi Swapp background stamp from Michael's
  • 65lb card stock by Pacon Creative Products
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
  • Colored pigment ink squares from Tuesday Morning
  • foam tape from Orientaltrading.com

No comments:

Post a Comment