Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Playing with a border die

Day 2 of my online card classes and I'm playing with border dies!  Well actually... I only own one at the moment, which I found in my Spellbinders Shapeabilities Damask Accents package.  I first painted a 4x6" piece of 140lb watercolor paper with red and yellow watercolors.  I love how it blends in the middle for a slight touch of orange!


I ran the top and bottom of the watercolor piece through my Cuttlebug and adhered the pieces to white cardstock, but spaced out a little bit. The two fine detail pieces are attached to the cardstock using a Zig 2 way glue pen and the two larger pieces have foam tape behind them to make them pop!


Items I used for this project:
  • Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Damask Accents"
  • Simply Art 36 Watercolor Set from Joanne's
  • I heart you stamp set from American Crafts
  • Red Glitter gel pen from American Crafts
  • Zig 2 way glue pen
  • foam tape from Orientaltrading.com
  • Master's Touch Fine Art Studio 140lb watercolor paper
  • Core'dinations 65lb cardstock from Jo-Ann
I'm entering this card into these challenges:  -Crafty Sentiments Design
-Just Inspirational 
-Papertake Weekly = Warm colors theme
-Through the Craft Room Door

No comments:

Post a Comment