Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Inky Background Card

Today I was inspired by a challenge I found on -Simon Says Stamp, which is...Challenge: Inky background. (my entry is #72!) This technique was achieved by putting Distress Inks on parchment paper and misting with water, followed by dipping a piece of watercolor paper into the ink. Love the effect!  Then used Distress markers directly on my flower image to stamp on top. 

This is a new technique for me (new stamp set as well!).  I have watched many YouTube videos of this technique and finally decided to try it for myself.  Love Distress Markers...I messed up in the corner, but used extra water to create grass and cover up my mistake. 
Also entered this card into -Fab 'n' Funky Challenges:  Entry #85  Something New. -The Crafter's Cafe: KISS Card (Keep It Simple Stamper) Entry #31

Items used include:
  • TPC Studio Rubber Stamps
  • Inkadinkado Rubber Stamps
  • Tim Holtz Distress Markers and Distress Ink pad squares
  • Brown Pigment ink pad squares from Tuesday Morning
  • Master's Touch Fine Art Studio 140lb watercolor paper
  • Core'dinations 65lb cardstock from Jo-Ann
  • Embellishments given as a gift, origin unknown.

  I also included images of the card inside as well as the stamp I include on the back of all my card creations. Hope you enjoyed this crafty inspiration! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment