Sunday, January 18, 2015

New Technique and New Baby Card

Tried another new technique this week.  I have an A4 size embossing folder (by Darice I believe) that looks like a tree trunk.  After embossing the paper I wanted to use Versamark ink on top of the emboss finished with gold embossing powder.

The paper I used was 65lb cardstock, but seemed fragile after running it through the Cuttlebug. Not sure if I used enough foam tape to support it. (lol!)



Items I used include:
  • Core'dinations 65lb cardstock from Jo-Ann
  • Staz on Jet Black Ink
  •  Tim Holtz Distress Markers 
  •  Master's Touch Fine Art Studio 140lb watercolor paper
  •  Deco Art Craft Twinkles Winter Glitter Paint Writter
  •  Embellishments from Michael's--Heart sequins by Art Minds
  • Bic Mark It permanent marker in Woodsy Brown
  • My Mind's Eye True Blue Stamp Set (so sweet sentiment)
  • Hampton Art Owl Stamps (SC0191) 
  • Foam tape from Orientaltrading.com
  • Gold Embossing Powder by Recollections





This card was entered into challenges by -Sentimental Sundays,  -Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge, (both new beginnings) -Digi Design (Sparkle), -Natalie and Amy's Challenge, and -Polkadoodles (Case It).  I am casing my design off of Cindy Messer's adorable mouse birthday card.  She used 2 basic colors, pink and grey, and I love how it turned out!  I chose pink and brown.  I'm also participating in -Bugaboo Stamps 5th Birthday Bash. Bugaboo's challenge was to copy the following sketch (or layout) when making a card.






I did make a few mistakes on this card...but hopefully not noticeable!  If anyone has any tips/tricks for using this embossing technique, I am open to suggestions.  Learning and loving papercrafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment