Monday, January 26, 2015

Learning From Mistakes

Today I started a wonderful online class at OnlineCardClasses.com  The new technique I was trying to accomplish was a background in different colors using gold (one of my favorite colors!) and silver embossing powder.  I was supposed to use stamping masking tape (they recommend Inkadinkado's version) but I didn't have any.  I tried using decorative tape from the dollar store, and...


 needless to say, it didn't work very well!  You can see where the cardstock tore in the center and applying distress ink over the top did not help to cover it at all lol.   (next 2 photos below...I messed up big-time on this one)



So that is what NOT to do!  

To remedy, I used washi tape (bought directly from Japan) on black cardstock.  The actual washi tape did not tear the card stock; however, it did leave a little sticky residue. You can see it where I masked off the silver portion.  



To be honest, it didn't come out half bad though!  (The second attempt anyway!) I love these 2 colors on black card stock. I used a silver glitter pen with a ruler to make lines above and below the sentiment.  Inked the edges of the black card stock with gold ink and applied foam tape to give a little dimension against the maroon card base.  My goal was a gender neutral Valentine's Day card and I love the way this turned out! Perfect for a guy or girl!


I am entering this card into the following challenges: 
 -Blessings Ink
-Penny Black and More Challenge 
-That Craft Place 
My Sheri Crafts 
-Art Impressions Stamps
-Red Rubber Inspirationals 
-Scrap and Craft Inspiration
-Time Out Challenge
-Card Mania Challenges
-Crafts Galore Encore 
Country View Challenge
-Crafting Musketeers 
-Natalie and Amy
-Noor! Design 
-Seema Crafts
Sparkles Forum Challenges
-Sisters of Craft
**Scrapbook Place-SBP Challenge Blog**
-One Sweet Challenge 
-Pile It On Challenge 
-Cheerful Stamp Pad Challenge 
-Sentimental Sundays 
Laurelcraft Dragonfly Dreams Challenge 
-Crafty Gals Corner Challenge
-Inspiration Destination 
-Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 
-Scrapper's Delights Challenge 
-Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge 
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday January 2015
-Fresh Brewed Designs


Items I used today include:
  • Foam tape from Orientaltrading.com
  • Versamark embossing ink
  • Core'dinations 65lb cardstock from Jo-Ann
  • Fiskars Latte Love clear stamp set
  • Heidi Swapp 5.5" x 5.5" background stamp bought at Michael's
  • Silver glitter pen by American Crafts
  • Stampabilities gold ink
 

No comments:

Post a Comment