Monday, January 19, 2015

Birthday Card and My First KISS Card

Today was my first try at making a KISS card.  KISS stands for Keep It Simple Stamper!  I did just that with both of my cards today!


I found this lovely birthday cake image on Melly Moo's Papercrafting blog (link below) and thought it was perfect for a simple birthday card to help Bugaboo celebrate their 5th birthday! It was colored using inexpensive colored pencils and outlined in a blue glitter gel pen by American Crafts.  

I really enjoyed making the KISS card!  The small pigment ink squares from Tuesday Morning were perfect for this project with their vibrant colors. I used a permanent tape runner diagonally across the card and pressed some nail art glitter into it. Found the chunky glitter in the nail section of Dollar Tree! 8 beautiful colors were each in their own little plastic bottle and they fit nicely into the small drawers of an art cabinet on my work area. This card is also being entered into: -The Crafter's Cafe,  
-Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeWinter Stamping
-Craft Your Passion
-Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD)
-Dream Valley Challenges 
-Sparkle N Sprinkle 
-Little Miss Muffet Challenge 

Other items I used for birthday card: (and winter sparkle card)
  •  Core'dinations 65lb cardstock from Jo-Ann
  •  Deco Art Craft Twinkles Winter Glitter Paint Writter
  •  Hampton Art Owl Stamps (SC0191) birthday balloon
  •  Melly Moo Papercrafting Image (birthday cake) 
  • Colored Pigment Ink Squares from Tuesday Morning 
  • I used the above paper and ink for the Winter Sparkle card, along with a stamp set from OrientalTrading.com, some large glitter flakes I found in the nail decor section at my local Dollar Tree, and some tiny embellishments that were given as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment