Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tea Staining on Lace and Birthday KISS card

 Made another KISS card today.  KISS = Keep It Simple Stamper.  A set of owl stamps from Hampton Art are one of my favorite sets.  The images looked cute stamped in colored pigment ink squares I found at Tuesday Morning!  This card is to help Bugaboo celebrate their 5th birthday!  Todays challenge was a color scheme. I liked the way these 2 shades of green paired with the pink ink hearts.



I also spent today dying some white/cream lace that I want to use for a future project.  The lace on the left seemed to have a protective layer and would not take the tea color (I soaked it for 30 minutes.)  Instead, I then put 8 drops of red food coloring and 5 drops of blue into 2 cups of warm water to make the shade of purple on the left.


I LOVE the color shade of the white lace I tea dyed on the right!  The tea I used: Lipton Green Tea Cranberry Pomegranate flavored.  I also soaked this one for 30 minutes and it came out beautifully! Now to decide which to use on my project featuring purple/pink roses....tough choice!  I will post pictures of my project when it is complete.
Items I used for card:

  •  Core'dinations 65lb cardstock from Jo-Ann
  •  Hampton Art Owl Stamps (SC0191
  • Colored Pigment Ink Squares from Tuesday Morning 
  •  6"x6" Designer Paper Pad by Colorbox bought at WalMart

No comments:

Post a Comment