Thursday, March 26, 2015

More spring butterflies and cute mice!

Border Dies were the topic in day 6 of OnlineCardClasses.com.  As I'm a new paper crafting "addict", I have yet to purchase border dies.  I did, however, find one in a Spellbinder set called Damask Accents.  Following inspiration by Debby Hughes, I was able to create a beautiful background using this border die!





Granted it is not the exact same inlaid background technique she had used, but I wanted to work with what supplies I have. Plus I just received an order from Simon Says Stamp and my Misti is still on the way...can't scare my husband too much with all the boxes coming in lol!


Saved the small inner pieces of this border die to use as confetti. They looked like little flower petals to me! :)

Alphabet Dies were the topic of day 7.  I finally invested in a great font alphabet set by Lawn Fawn in polymer for stamping, so I honestly hadn't even thought of alphabet diesKathy Racoosin inspired me with her beautiful technique of what she calls "hidden letters." Here is where my first script word die came into play!


It was gorgeous outside today, so at 10am I stamped this adorable House Mouse image and sat outside to watercolor it.  Basking in the sun helped dry the piece quickly as well!  Die cutting this word without loosing the small inner pieces was the challenge, but managed to pull this off. I still have a big smile on my face. This was a lot of work, but I adore the final product!



Supplies used: 
  • Spellbinders die set Damask Accents
  • House Mouse stamp "In the rain"
  • Core'dinations card stock (Joann's)
  • Recollections card stock (Michaels) 
  • Spellbinders die set Butterfly Two
  • Embellishments
  • Glossy Accents
  • Foam tape by Orientaltrading.com
  • Simply Art 36 Watercolors
  • Jet Black Staz On waterproof ink
  • Lawn Fawn Alphabet stamp set Harold's ABC's
  • Paper Smooches Thanks word 2 die
  • Distress Ink (Spun Sugar and Lilac)

No comments:

Post a Comment