The goal: Mail a postcard to your new snail mail partner once a week for 3 weeks in a row sending some positive inspiration. I wanted to share my 3 notes and prompts in case anyone needs a little inspiration of their own! The next round will start on September 25th, 2015!
My first summer-themed postcard. I used watermelon2stamp set from The Stamps of Life.
"On the road to travel you will find... lots of people busy with the daily grind. Most are much to hurried to see, how truly beautiful the small things can be. So take the time to spread a little kindness each day, and may the ripples come back to you in a glorious way!"
For postcard number 2, I broke out some of my favorite House Mouse stamps! The front sentiment says "Happiness is a cup of coffee shared with a friend!"
What does the back say?"
Choose today to...
- Stop procrastinating and finish what you start.
- Believe in yourself. If you don't, who will?
- Drive the extra mile to make someone smile.
- Count yourself lucky. There are so many with so much less.
Instead of a postcard for the 3rd and final love note, I decided to mail a card I had made for a previous design team project. Original blog post here. This quote is from a Graphic 45 paper pad and reads "A cup of tea warms the soul like a good friend."
On the inside was a quote on hope:
"Hope is the thing with feathers,
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops - at all."
~ Emily Dickinson
- Recollections 110lb card stock from Michaels
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks
- Prismacolor Pencils
- Your favorite stamp set. (I used The Stamps of Life, House Mouse and Melonheadz Floral Combo digital stamps.)
- Love and patience
All photos taken by AMLC and addresses covered for privacy reasons.