Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Die Cuts Challenge

This fortnight at Creative Craft Cottage is challenge #37 - Use Die Cuts!  I decided to use my favorite die set, Spellbinders Butterflies Two, and create 2 different card styles.  This first digital image is by Karleigh Sue.  Dies were used to cut through the paper as well as the foam sheet to create a butterfly-shaped "pocket" to hold sequins and glitter.  Love shaker cards! :)


I used the die cut butterflies to decorate the inside of the card.


For the 2nd card I used this adorable image from Lemon Shortbread.  I die cut a bunch of butterflies to create this faux embossed background with pink on pink card stock.  I love how the girl appears to have wings behind her!



**The A.M.L.C. watermark is not on the inside of the actual card.**
How are your spring projects coming along?  Feel free to share with me in the comments section. I would love to see them! :)

Supplies (and digital images) used include:
  • Lemon Shortbread image titled "Sweet Lolita Bouquet"
  • Karleigh Sue image titled "Hot Date"
  • Spellbinders Dies Butterflies 2
  • Spellbinders Dies Fancy Tags
  • Core'dinations card stock (Joann's)
  • Recollections card stock (Michaels')
  • Prismacolor Pencils
  • Patina Stickles
  • Elmer's tape runner & Zig 2-way glue pen
  • Foam sheets (Michaels')
  • Embellishments, sequins and nail glitter
  • Clear acrylic sheets from Orientaltrading.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment