Monday, May 4, 2015

House Mouse Mother's Day Cards!

I saw this wonderful sentiment on a plaque (sorry I do not remember where) but I had to re-create it onto cards!  The phrase says "we" so it is from both my husband and I.  These are two House Mouse stamps I've recently added to my collection titled "Donut Bliss" and "Feeling Rosy".


The mouse stamp in the cup had a little tea bag hanging out of it on the left side.  To hide this, I cut a mask out of card stock to cover the donut while stamping the tea cup.  Voila!  More use to stretch these adorable stamps to cover coffee and cocoa lovers too!
 
 

The sentiment on the inside says, "but please don't make us prove it!"


A close up of the donut.  I used a sparkle glitter writer to first apply glitter to the "frosting".  After that coat was dry, a layer of Ranger's Glossy Accents was applied thickly on top.


Since my husband does not enjoy coffee like I do, I changed the cards for our mothers' to say "cocoa" instead.  These would be adorable as gifts whether they were about coffee, cocoa or tea! :)
 

Supplies used:
  • House Mouse stamps "Donut Bliss" and "Feeling Rosy"
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Sparkle Glitter Writter
  • Simply Art 36 Watercolors
  • Small Water Brush
  • Recollections Gold Embossing Powder
  • StazOn Jet Black Ink
  • Lawn Fawn "Harold's ABC's" stamp set
  • Heidi Swapp stamp set
  • Embellishments from The Paper Studio
  • 110lb Recollections White card stock
  • Strathmore 90lb watercolor paper
  • Foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment